THRISSUR DISTRICT CO - OPERATIVE BANK
In 1954,when Cochin and Travancore was amalgamated, the then Travancore central Cooperative bank granted the status of apex bank and the Cochin central cooperative bank was affiliated as district cooperative bank. Subsequently a branch was opened at Ernakulam on 1 December 1954. Later,in 1961 the area of operation of the bank was restricted to Thrissur revenue district and the bank was renamed as Thrissur district cooperative bank limited. This was after the reorganization of cooperative banks on the basis of revenue districts. Till 1978,the bank extended finance only through primary cooperatives and in 1978,it started direct finance to individuals. Now the bank functions with its registered office at Thrissur and extends its operation to the whole revenue district through 48 branches. The construction of “sahakarana sathabdhi mandiram”,a five storied building at Kovilakathumpadam,Thrissur to house the quarters of the bank is nearing completion.