The Thrissur district cooperative bank ltd, no 60 was registered at the Cochin central cooperative bank ltd.,on 29-06-1918 and started functioning on 19-1918 as the apex bank of the erstwhile Cochin state with 39 affiliated societies and a paid up capital of Rs. 2795/- was constituted on 15-07-1918. Shri. Manakulam Kunjunni Raja was the first President and Shri V.K.Varkey, the first secretary. In 1954, when Cochin and Travancore was amalgamated, Then Travancore central Cooperative bank granted the status of apex bank and the Cochin central cooperative bank was affiliated as district cooperative bank. Subsequently a branch was opened at Ernakulam on 1 December 1954. Later, in 1961 the area of operation of the bank was restricted to Thrissur revenue district and the bank was renamed as Thrissur District Cooperative Bank Limited. This was after the reorganization of cooperative banks on the basis of revenue districts. Till 1978, the bank extended finance only through primary cooperatives and in 1978, it started direct finance to individuals. Now the bank functions with its registered office at Thrissur and extends its operation to the whole revenue district through 58 branches. "SAHAKARANA SATHABDHI MANDHIRAM", a five storied building at Kovilakathumpadam, is a main land mark of the city of Thrissur to house the quarters of the bank has now completed around 10 Years. We are proud that the following eminent personalities have enriched the bank with their leadership qualities..